I have been chasing the Kenya Moore story for days now. I’m exhausted. I debated even posting at all. Let me explain a few things. First of all, I am fortunate to have good sources. I do not seek them out, they usually send me an email with some good tea. Eventually, I come to know how they know things but not who they are. Then, I have access. But my sources don’t send me everything they know all day long. My favorite source is receptive to questions, but I have to know what to ask. I don’t just get an email saying this or that is about to happen. So when the Kenya divorce story came out, I sent some questions. I got vague answers. While everyone else was simply regurgitating the People story, I wanted to know the real story. So I’ve been working on it.
My source is a very busy person and I walk the tightrope of trying to get the most information I can without being a pain in the ass. I’ve been a pain in the ass the last few days. Because, Kenya. Kenya haters hate me because I love Kenya. Kenya lovers hate me because I point out that Kenya is… um… deceptive and does strange things. I’m fascinated by Kenya. She is one of the few housewives I have met. Although she doesn’t know that. I didn’t mention who I was. She is one of the few housewives who has invited me to a filming. It was her housewarming. I declined and sent a gift. I enjoy Kenya. But she is shady at times and sometimes her behaviors are odd. Things don’t always seem straightforward with her.
So basically, there is no winning with my Kenya reporting. Sigh.
Back to THE SOURCE. In the past SOURCE has been pretty open. In this case, while I got some good information, SOURCE has been less open than usual. I ask five questions and I get answers to one. I ask three more and get vague responses. Something is different about this situation.
I’m going to stop pestering source. The story is getting old now and I feel like I am not going to get anymore information on this subject anytime soon.
So here is what I know for sure. I knew the RHOA were going to Greece. They left on Sunday. And by they I mean everyone except Kenya. If you recall, one of the reasons that Kenya was offered a really crappy salary that she declined last season was because she refused to on the cast trip. She refused to go if Kim Biermann was going. So production told Kim she was no longer invited. Then she got to the airport or whatever and Marlo was there. Again, she refused to go. The chose Marlo. She went home. So here we are again with another cast trip. And no Kenya.
The True Tea
Here is what I did get out of my SOURCE.
- Just after the divorce news hit,my conversation with Source told me, the first episode of RHOA is in the can and the trailer is about to be released this week. Like any day now. The trailer was completed when the divorce news came out. The trailer is VERY negative toward Kenya Moore. SOURCE’S comment was “Kenya, you in danger girl.”
- Kenya has a conditional contract. TT question “what are the conditions?” No response by SOURCE. Bravo exec in charge of RHOA is not happy about the recent Marc developments. They have a meeting about it planned for Monday. So I wait another day.
- On Sunday everyone else left for Greece. TT question did production pull her from the trip or did Kenya not go because of the Marc situation. No response by SOURCE. Source says production is really pissed at Kenya. AGAIN.
- On Monday I ask eleventy billion questions. Why are they pissed? She is making headlines everywhere. WHY DO THEY HATE HER SO MUCH?
WHY IS PRODUCTION SO BUTT HURT ABOUT KENYA MOORE?
- Source says “No one is entertaining the spin that Kenya gave to her blogger friend.” (Love B Scott). I’ve had the same conversation with others behind the scenes. Love B Scott has the hookup but that story made ZERO since.
- More about why production is so bothered by Kenya. “BIG TALK at the network about the legitimacy of their “marriage” (it was never recorded) and some details provided from a cast member has Kenya on the bubble again…” I mean Brody Jenner and Caitlyn were married outside the country and they didn’t record it in the US either. No one makes negative statements about their “fake marriage.” Jesus Christ the woman can’t get married or divorced without being raked over the coals by production. The whole “some details from a cast member” thing was interesting. Will continue to follow up on that. I know that production was concerned when they realized that Kenya and Marc did not live together. Like EVER in their marriage.
The Monday Meeting
So on Monday, the suits decided it was too late to do anything regarding Kenya Moore. The trailer is done. They sent her and Brooklyn to Athens, They have decided to just go along with everything in the manner in which it was presented to them. They are too late in the production stages to go back and make any changes.They will schedule pick up scenes to put these developments into perspective.The network wants to exploit this.
The RHOA are in Athens now. I am excited for that footage. Then, they jet off to Mykonos. Which is ridiculous. Mykonos is for young spring breakers from the UK and gay men. Not housewives and babies. There are so many better islands.
Other random information added without prompting is that Tanya, who is a friend this season, is bringing it. Production is very pleased. Eva should be nervous. Tanya is coming for that peach. Every season SOURCE says Tanya is really impressing production. I’ll believe it when I see it.
So my takeaway is that the marriage was not legally recognized in this country is interesting. So Kenya can’t “decide to divorce” her husband. There is no legal marriage. Further, she can’t even claim common law marriage because they never lived together.
Like I said, everything Kenya does has the appearance of being a bit odd. I like her, I really do. In the past, I got a lot of flack for talking about weird shit during her pregnancy. I speak with email friends often about weird shit Kenya does. We have been privately talking about how odd the relationship with Marc was for years. The down low rumors have been rampant since the beginning.
SOURCE saying “Kenya is on the bubble again” is significant. On the bubble of losing her peach? On the bubble for next season? I am too exhausted from asking questions to ask any more questions. We shall see.
While I was writing this, one of my Internet friends sent me the photo of Brooklyn and Pilar in Greece. You can tell who is who because Brooklyn is literally the world’s happiest baby and Pilar is well…. not. LOL. Pilar always looks over it.
And that’s the tea.
P.S. I talked to Source today and so far everyone is getting along fine in Athens and there is no major drama.
SOURCE read my post and responded with some clarifications.