BY TAMARA TATTLES STAFF
Someone in Potomac has it out for Michael Darby. It appears that Orville Palmer, cameraman for Truly Original is complicit in some sort of plot to slander and libel Michael Darby. Because this whole “butt grabbing is a felony story” looks like a hit job to me. A commenter here pointed out last week that the charges were in fact misdemeanors yet the “second degree assault” charge did have a potential for a ten-year sentence based on the severity of the injuries. I’m pretty sure even if a butt grab had happened which is EXTREMELY DOUBTFUL at this point, there were no injuries to the cameraman. Orville Palmer was recently denied a permanent restraining order on Michael Darby.
As it turns out, in Maryland, any fool can file for criminal charges for certain offenses. The complaints are reviewed to see if prosecution is warranted. In this case, Orville Palmer decide to file what appears to be bogus criminal charges and the Montgomery County State’s Attorney’s Office decided not to pursue the allegations. According to The Washington Post:
Prosecutors on Thursday dropped charges of second-degree assault and improper sexual contact against Arlington real estate developer and restaurateur Michael Darby, a cast member on Bravo’s “Real Housewives of Potomac.”
“The case was dismissed due to insufficient evidence,” said Ramon Korionoff, a spokesman for the Montgomery County State’s Attorney’s Office. “The complaining witness states there were no witnesses who actually saw the incident.”
So, let’s review. Orville Palmer, an employee of Truly Original, goes to press charges on a cast member of the show he is filming for “grabbing his but and smiling at him” Then suddenly TMZ mysteriously gets the story and reports it as two felony charges that they go with and believe. The story quickly appears on other sites that also pay for stories. Then Bravo AND Truly Original both make announcements saying that they have “suspended” Michael Darby, which they cannot do because he is not employed by either of them, for the safety of the cast. I should point out that Bravo has made no such statement about Thomas Ravenel who has multiple allegations of a much more violent nature and has been formally arrested. Nor have they made any statements about other men who have appeared on Southern Charm and their sexual assault investigations. But they had something out about Michael Darby within 24 hours.
DOESN’T THAT SEEM A LITTLE BIT FISHY?
We were told the nefarious “butt grabbing” incident occurred on September 1st while filming a party at the home of one of the other housewives. A party. This means there are multiple people there, and a crew, and somehow Michael Darby managed to goose the cameraman in the ass and no one saw it?
So now the charges are dropped with the information posted late on Friday night when news is put out that they don’t want people to see. It’s called a “Friday News Dump” and it is when The White House and other public agencies put out news they know people will not like that will fall off the front page over the weekend and be forgotten about by Monday.
Meanwhile, Michael Darby’s name is all over the Internet tied to false, or at the very least, unsubstantiated crimes. I for one hope that Orville Palmer of Truly Original Entertainment is sued within and inch of his life and Ashley and others refuse to film with him. It would seem fairly easy to prove intent to libel at this point especially when TMZ et al are sued to release who they paid for the story.
This is also why Ashley posted an IG photo of her with Michael after the news hit that said some like, “No assault, No charges, No suspension.” I hope that Orville Palmer is posting something soon that says, “No Job.” This kind of fuckery parading as a serious assault is just ridiculous. Especially in our current climate.