After weeks of those closest to Kenya Moore begging her to get a restraining order against Matt Jordan, she has finally done it. It seems the recent attack on Peter Thomas in Charlotte was the tipping factor that finally made Kenya see that she that she could be in danger. Also, Matt has been posting and deleting libelous Instagram posts that make it clear he has a lot of rage directed toward her. Yesterday, Kenya filed the formal paperwork that was obtained by Rodney Ho of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
Kenya listed many episodes of violent behavior, but it is hardly a comprehensive list of the problems. Here are the highlights she chose to include in her petition.
- In the spring of 2016, all to the major renovations of Moore Manor were completed. RHOA was set to begin filming season 9 in June, she was also booked to film Worst Cooks in America in NYC in early June, and Kenya wanted to take some R & R before her schedule got hectic. Matt was spending most of his time at Moore Manor and by all appearances, things looked peaceful. The truth was they were anything but. Matt had already been having tantrums and getting thrown out of hotels when traveling with Kenya. He clearly needed some lessons from Gregg Leakes on how to stand back and hold the handbag. Kenya hoped the Mexico trip would be a reset and get them on the same page before their relationship was back under the hot RHOA cameras. That did not happen. Matt busted down the door to her room after Matt’s angry outbursts left her fearful. She left Mexico without speaking to Matt and returned home on her own. At baggage claim, Matt allegedly took her suitcase and left with her luggage. While the petition doesn’t mention the events that happened out of the country, she does report that upon returning to her home, Matt arrived and began throwing Kenya’s belongings from her suitcase out on to the driveway while cursing at her. She called 911 but he left before the police arrive. She opted not to press charges. This was in the first week of June 2016, it was their first official breakup. It did not last long. Matt became very contrite, apologized profusely and Kenya forgave him.
- In August Matt became aggressive again when the petition states, “broke a garage door glass window and the rear window of [Moore’s] vehicle and [Jordan] was seen on video spray painting some of the home security cameras.” Kenya sought advice from her father and he came to talk to Matt. That scene was filmed and did not go well. Eventually, Matt apologized and Kenya forgave him.
- According to the petition, two weeks later one of Kenya’s neighbors called 911, ” because [Jordan] was throwing items at [Moore’s] house, breaking windows, while he was on the phone with [Moore] yelling at her.” I don’t think I knew about this one.
- The petition states that between September 2016 and February 2017, Jordan called Moore up to 30 times a day. Kenya blocked his number in February continued getting calls from an unknown number all hours of the night.
- Unable to speak to Kenya by phone, Matt began spiraling out of control and posting slanderous diatribes on Instagram stating Kenya needs to pay him for being her storyline (as if any woman wants abuse to be a storyline) and expressing anger over not being invited to the reunion. At some point during filming Matt’s involvement in RHOA was limited by production. He was not allowed to go on the trip to Maui though my sources indicate that Kenya was open to him going on the trip. He was deemed unsafe to travel with the group according to my exclusive sources.
- Around March 20, Jordan told a friend of Moore’s that she was going to “get what she deserves” and that he was going to “get” her, the petition said. She felt like she had a “reasonable fear” for her life.
Rodney Ho, says that Kenya has requested that the court serve an immediate order of restraint “to stop harassing and intimidating [Moore] and her immediate family, have zero contact with her and stay 200 yards away from her and her home, and receive appropriate psychiatric or psychological services.”
Kenya has, up until Matt assaulted Peter Thomas, avoided taking any action toward Matt. Maybe she was afraid to do anything, maybe she was trying to protect him or both. Peter had no problem pressing charges on Matt and there were three warrants filed for his arrest over the incident in Charlotte. The last time I am aware of that Kenya and Matt were in the same room was Thanksgiving when Kandi and Todd hosted a Thanksgiving dinner for friends and family at the OLG restaurant. Kandi invited Kenya and Todd invited Matt. They did not attend together and ate at different tables. However, there were no reported incidents. Kenya was eerily protective of Matt in interviews in January. Because I was aware of a lot of aggression from Matt in the relationship, I was disturbed by her public conversations about him. I get that she is not allowed to spoil the season, but she still seemed to be carrying feelings for Matt. I was also concerned that because housewives have to publicly live in the past, it would be seen as mixed messages by Matt.
So here we are, I think even those who actively troll Kenya online should be able to see that Matt is a threat to Kenya’s safety. I’m glad to hear that she finally did something to protect herself. I hope Matt gets the message loud and clear and gets the rehab and therapy that he clearly needs before someone else gets assaulted.
Also yesterday, Kenya’s RHOA blog was posted and she addressed the disturbing scene with Matt.
It’s painful to watch myself at my age tolerating such foolishness from anyone. I am ashamed. I focused so hard on breaking old habits of not running away when things get tough. Yet, this relationship was the exact scenario. I should have run away as fast as humanly possible. If a man is capable of damaging your property, calling you out of your name, threatening you, tells you that you will die unhappy and alone – but in the same breath begs you to stay with him – RUN. I pray that other women take away that reprehensible behavior from a man is never acceptable. There is no excuse for abuse.
I am thankful to have moved on from what seems like a lifetime ago. My circle is completely different now. I do not now or will ever have any communication with him. I do not wish harm on anyone and hope that he can move on with his life and leave me completely alone.
I feel like Kenya tried to be open to a relationship with Matt and stuck with it because she usually moves on when things happen that trigger her. This time she tried staying and her instinct to run was actually correct. I imagine he wall is up higher than ever at this point.
Here is hoping Matt gets the help he needs and rebuilds his life. Hopefully, far, far away from Atlanta.