By Phil Andros
I’ve been on the run, but Tamara has me chained tightly to the radiator once again. Tonight I have some questions before Thursday night’s episode:
- Is Huck going to die? I’m going to guess no because I’m pretty sure we would have heard about it. And why did he even take Meg to see Jennifer when he was kind of suspicious of her and he knew that she met with the blonde lady who is blackmailing Eli? Honestly, that made absolutely no sense at all. Of course it also means that the woman who was capable of putting a bullet directly in Jennifer’s heart and forehead was incapable of killing Huck at point blank range. Because Scandal.
- I DO NOT LIKE people having the upper hand on Poppa Pope. I guess that isn’t a question. But I still don’t like it. And, by the way, how did Huck know to take the chip out of dead lady’s neck? And why would it have a recording of everything? Sigh. Anyway, I hate blonde lady and her apparent boss is super creepy. Oh, and if blonde lady and super creepy boss are capable of hiring assassins and killing people and such, why couldn’t they just take out Frankie Vargas themselves? Oh right, they could, but Shonda.
- Why does Olivia seem perpetually clueless. For real. She seemed omnipotent in the first couple of seasons. Now she doesn’t ever figure out anything on her own. This sort of started last season. Even when she was kidnapped she always seemed to be planning, scheming and using the kidnappers against each other. But last season and now this season she is always trusting and believing the wrong people. What happened? Her instincts were always so good? I thought Shonda had finally created a perfect black super-heroine for the teevee. Too bad really.
- What the heck happened to Cyrus? We haven’t seen him in the past 3 episodes. And since we all know he’s innocent, you’d think someone would have a passing interest in getting him out of jail unless of course they need him to stay in jail until Mellie is named President. Scratching my head on this one.
- And finally the big question: WTF Abby?!?!?!?! According the promo for Thursday night’s show: “The events from election night are retold from Abby’s (Darby Stanchfield) perspective, revealing a formidable thirst for power and an explosive secret she’s been keeping.” Ok, so we kind of saw Abby’s thirst for power coming out last season, but we also kind of laughed about it because she wasn’t really very good at it. Now all of a sudden she is a super schemer? Oh, remember how she was literally the very last person on the show who hadn’t actually killed someone (besides black dude who is fucking Mellie who has been off for so many episodes that I’ve once again forgotten his name)? Not so much anymore.What does she hope to gain or is she being massively blackmailed by someone? And if she is being blackmailed, by whom? Who could possibly be scarier than the people she is in bed with and also Poppa Pope? Answer: Nobody. It had to be something that was set up basically knowing that Frankie was going to win, right? So another election was rigged? And follow me here: If you knew who was going to win and you wanted them to win AND you put this plan in place beforehand, the only person it could reasonably benefit * I think * is Cyrus. So my guess is that Cyrus and Abby are in cahoots and Tom threw a wrench in their plans. Which means that eventually Cyrus is going to end up President of the United States. That’s my theory and I’m sticking with it.
I’ll be back after the next episode to explain why I am totally wrong I’m sure.
Note from TT: I really wanted to be able to post this in my comment but I couldn’t so I am doing it here instead.
Please raise your hand if you have been personally victimized by Shonda Rhimes…