When Apollo Nida was indicted for all of his felony fraud charges back in, January of 2014, Peter Thomas’ name was bantered around as being involved in the criminal activity online. So was Todd Tucker’s. To me that seemed like just a bunch of blogs trying to make the story related to the show. I mean Apollo was a known felon. Phaedra had a suspicious past. But Peter? Todd? Not likely.
This week Cynthia made a really odd blog comment that basically said that she had nothing to do with the situation where it came to pass that the FEDs came TO IMPOUND A CAR THEY HAD FOR “years.” I found that interesting and unimaginable considering where they lived. They live (or at least Cynthia does) in a townhome which basically has parking for two cars. I doubt they are even allowed to have a third vehicle not in the garage by the condo association. None of this made sense to me.
I’m still trying to work it out. So who wants to work it out with me, because Peter is looking guilty as sin to me.
Let me just list some random thoughts.
- It was around 2014 when Kordell Stewart went into business with Peter. He seemed at that time to be the major financial backer. Or so we assumed. Then Kordell quickly vanished. There was no mention of this on blogs anywhere.
- It was in 2013 that Apollo, Peter, and Phaedra were all seen on RHOA with the exact same white Mercedes.
- Cynthia discovers a new white Mercedes at “Industry Studios”
- It was also this time that Peter surprised her with “Industry Studios” which was in an industrial building right across the street from Bar One.
- Peter has problems with Bar One and suddenly wants to buy it. He starts a “coffee company”, he rents a site in the fourth ward for the new Bar One location that never materializes.
- Peter said he wanted to leave Cynthia because of her fibroids.
- Peter essentially leaves town. Has relationships with many women, allegedly. Begins acting single in Charlotte. Comes home only to film. When a video emerges a year or so later, Cynthia has to address it on the show.
- Remember when Cynthia’s family hated Peter so much they wanted to hide the marriage license? What did they know?
Cynthia is showing Mallory around Industry Studios. It’s beautiful and in a part of town where she can probably afford the rent. She shows Mallory around and comes to a room with a white Mercedes and says this is Peter’s new car he just got. She mentions she did not know he was buying it. However, I could swear we already saw this car in a scene with Apollo and Peter where they both had white Mercedes. Am I making that up?
(Updated: I distinctly remember Peter and Apollo filming a scene were the pulled in to parking at the same time and or left at the same time and talked about having the exact same car. White Mercedes. I also recall talking about how I didn’t think it was that unusual at the time. Atlanta is very hot and white cars are very popular because they are cooler.)
Mallory informs Peter that she is moving in for a few months. Peter is not happy that he was not consulted. Cynthia says she didn’t know until just today. Mallory says she heard he bought a car without discussing it with Cynthia. He tells Mal that has nothing to do with her. He tells Cynthia, these type of things need to be discussed between the two of them.
Oddly, the next episode, where Cynthia has her trunk show at “Industry Studios” is entitled “Crunk in the Trunk.” Wonder if that was a hint from production that something was in the trunk?
The repo of the white Mercedes (I’m assuming) from Cynthia and Peter’s house, was likely the one Peter was driving. Did Apollo get a bunch of money and buy a car for Peter and Phaedra? If so why Peter? And Phaedra never really drove the white Mercedes that long.
From a recap of Season Seven Episode Two where Phaedra and Apollo meet for Ayden’s dentist appointment on EW.Com
But the editors are working with what they’ve got and hitting us with that narrative arc, anyway. The dentists tells Ayden his back teeth might not be getting enough brushing, so he’ll need to do some “teamwork brushing” with his parents, and precious, crazy-smart Ayden responds, “teamwork brushing, working together.””Cue the sad music that doesn’t let up until everyone is leaving the parking lot and you hear Ayden’s voice say “Where are you going?” as his two parents’ identical white Mercedes diverge in opposite directions on the asphalt. There will be no teamwork brushing for this family, and don’t you forget it, Bravo viewer.
I have a feeling the white Mercedes (plural) will be the undoing of some people.
Oh and check out this post from 2014 where all the Housewives suddenly got cars.
Todd got a Corvette ( ALLEGEDLY from Kandi)
Which reminded me of Nene buying a Masarati and a Land Rover that year. One was for Gregg.
Kenya and Porsha both started driving Bentleys.
There were so many new cars showing up in 2014, the year Apollo got arrested… that I started a post called YOU GET A CAR AND YOU GET A CAR AND YOU GET A CAR!
It’s all very interesting to me. I’m just saying. I mean I guess they could have all gotten raises just as Apollo was headed to prison.
I am actually taking a few personal days at them moment. I’m still working, because I must. But I need some time to watch TV and nap and recharge and not have to recap every damn thing. So I’ve called in a sub to handle the reunion tomorrow as I have dinner plans. 🙂 I promise this is just a temporary recharge and I will be back soon.
In the meantime. Can we talk about this?