Because we just can’t get enough about this story. I know this because I got a billion links to Brooks statement admitting he lied to E! News. So, let’s watch this one more time.
But first, here is his apology:
“Words cannot express the deep regret that I have in fabricating documents to ‘prove’ to the world that I, in fact, have cancer. What I did was wrong and inexcusable. I acted alone, without Vicki ‘s knowledge, to produce documents for a reality TV show in hopes of putting doubts about my cancer to rest. I never intended to disclose my actual medical records or details about my private and personal medical history, thus the rationalization of presenting documents that weren’t true simply for a ‘storyline’ for the show.”
“From this day forward, my own personal journey with this disease will remain private as I initially intended over a year ago. My sincerest apologies to my family, friends, loved ones, and those who are battling this horrid disease for any additional pain and/or stress that I have caused. As Rick Pitino once said, ‘Mistakes can be good. They are fertilizer. Everything I’ve learned about coaching [life], I’ve learned from making mistakes.’ I made a mistake yet I have learned a huge lesson as well.”
In addition, E! makes a pretty convincing argument that Vicki knew Brooks was not sick. (of course she did.)
- Throughout this recent season (and even before it aired), Vicki has spoken publicly about Brooks’ alleged battle with cancer. During the Real Housewives of Orange County reunion, Vicki said she was with Brooks at City of Hope while getting treatment, but she never saw him getting treatment. “I was only at City of Hope once,” she said during the reunion. “I only know what’s been told and what I’ve witnessed. Period,” she later said, confirming she went to City of Hope and spent four hours there while Brooks was getting treatment. “He was sitting there with the bag,” she said.
“Could it have been the blood donation that I saw?” Briana Culberson, Vicki’s daughter, said.
“I fabricated [the story], because I really was looking for compassion from somebody,” she said during the reunion. She also took to her blog to address what happened. “After Brooks’ first treatment in October, he was extremely sick and dehydrated. I talked with one of my friends who said he should get an IV with fluids to hydrate him and she had a doctor friend that she was going to call for me,” she wrote. “I told her not to do that, as I was going to call Briana to get her opinion if she thought Terry Dubrow would know of someone that could come to the house. I told Briana when I hung up with her and I was going to call Terry to ask him. When I asked Brooks if it was okay to call Terry, he said ‘no and that he would call his own doctor in the morning.’ I failed to tell Briana that I didn’t call Terry and she assumed I did.”
- Throughout the summer while Bravo aired the series, Vicki spoke about scans and Brooks’ progress. “We are hopeful, promising on his health. He had a recent scan last week,” she told Extra in July. “The lesions are decreasing and his blood work is coming back better, so everything we’re doing is working.” As for the other women questioning Brooks’ sickness, Vicki told Extra, “It’s so filthy, that I thought, if this is what you girls need for a story line, I’m out. I’m out because no way could anybody fake what he’s been going through, unless the doctors are in on it too, ’cause I go to the doctor visits and they’re reading his scans.”
In October 2014, Vicki tweeted that Brooks was starting his first round of “chemo infusion.” On the same day Brooks tweeted a photo of him (since deleted) saying he was getting chemotherapy. Briana, Vicki’s daughter, said it was blood work. In December 2014, Vicki posted about Brooks’ treatment again, but has since deleted that Instagram too. “Feels good to get Brooks up and out and enjoying the holiday season. Round 2 chemo behind us,” she said in a tweet.
These tweets came before Bravo started filming. When the couple announced their breakup, they said filming took place between January and May in 2015.
- In her blogs, Vicki wrote about how cameras didn’t show Brooks struggling with the treatment.
“What you don’t see are the struggles Brooks has gone through by making the decision to reveal this season that he even has cancer. He did NOT want to, and I told him it was a way for us to show how we can inspire others who have cancer and how couples can ban together during this time. I had no idea it was going to be the focus this season,” she wrote. “What you don’t see is the new treatment he is doing is actually working. His blood levels are improving and he is feeling better. What you didn’t see are the numerous doctor visits and scans that Brooks has done, it has become a big part of his life to beat this cancer and it’s working. What you don’t see are the night sweats, the high fevers, and the vomiting after his chemo treatments. What you don’t see is how sick he was earlier this year from doing chemo.”
- During the reunion, Tamra Judge shared a story from season nine of the reality series where she and Vicki were in Hawaii with Heather Dubrow. Brooks said he had been diagnosed with cancer and they had been going to City of Hope for tests. He then refused to answer whether or not he had cancer until she landed and was in the car on the way home. He didn’t. “I feel like he throws that cancer card out to get sympathy,” Tamra said.
“I do,” Vicki said when asked if she thinks he really has cancer this time. “I don’t have any proof that he doesn’t have cancer and he won’t give me enough proof that he does have cancer. It’s so disgusting, this whole thing.” By the end of the reunion, Vicki said, “My gut says he doesn’t have it.”
- Brooks told Andy Cohen his battle with cancer, this time around, had been ongoing for 11 months. Throughout their time on the show, Vicki was promoting Club Detox OC and the company’s juices and remedies with raw juices and antioxidants. “This is not the only thing that Brooks is doing, however his primary focus is boosting his immune system,” she wrote. “Without having a strong immune system, the body will continue to break down. He is also being overseen by his oncologists and is finally seeing positive results on his recent scan which is very encouraging. Lenka the owner of Clubdetoxoc has a membership program available where you can join and receive more information on how to get your body healthy through plant based food.” She posted links in her blogs and on social media encouraging others to sign up, including one in October 2015 that says a recipe can “help prevent breast cancer.” Vicki also used Brooks’ battle to encourage others to sign up for insurance with her company.
Also, here is the deleted Facebook tweet that idiots think she is saying that juicing cures cancer. What she says is that it is important to stay healthy and build up a good immune system and not make your body a good host for cancer. Something doctors have been saying for years. Do I think Vicki knew Brooks did not have cancer? Of course she did. But did she say juice cures cancer? No. She did not.
Vicki’s deleted FB entry
Help prevent breast cancer with today’s recipe. Today’s meal is rich in phytonutrients, antioxidants such as lycopene, vitamin C, beta-carotene, manganese and good amount of vitamin E to help prevent and fight against breast cancer due to its strong anti-inflammatory and immunity boosting properties.
Get your recipe here: http://www.clubdetoxoc.com/26891/This-Weeks-Recipes.htm
Note: This post is about food, healing and providing a free health advice. None of the involved parties here support negative energy nor unsupportive actions. Anyone using this as a platform for negative comments will be not only deleted but permanently removed from Vicki’s fan list. Thank you and have a blessed day!
“This year for me has been filled so many people I know either dying or getting diagnosed with cancer or some other type of disease. Please everyone, if you care about your loved ones, make sure you have the proper amount of Life Insurance Coverage on them. It makes the world of difference to those you leave behind. There is 100% chance we will all die someday, buying life insurance will ease the financial stress that will be placed on the family when you are no longer there to provide for them.
And finally, Vicki continues to deny. She gave the following statement to US Weekly today.
“I’m completely shocked. I’ve seen the bills, I went to City of Hope. He was there all morning so how do you think anything other than he’s getting chemo? You go to City of Hope because you have cancer, not because you have nothing else to do during the day.
“I’m guilty of loving him and believing him. Who hasn’t believed someone that you loved? And why would you lie about cancer when I’ve had three friends die of it in the last two years? I had my dearest friend just die of stomach cancer.”
“My life is so abundant, I didn’t need to make a fake storyline, and I sure as hell wouldn’t make it up about Brooks. As God is my witness, I would never want to make something up like this; it’s actually quite sick. I’m embarrassed. I want to tell the girls I’m sorry.”
And finally, her thoughts on Brooks, “I hate him, I hate him with everything in me, and I don’t hate people, but I believed him, I trusted him, I defended him, took a bullet for him when people didn’t like him.”
And there you have it.