On March 20, 2009 Jodi Arias wrote a letter to Ryan Burns, the dude she hooked up with in Utah after murdering Travis Alexander. She begins the letter by pointing out to Ryan that she is way more spiritually advanced than he is, so she is not certain if he is enlightened enough to glean her message, but she is going to try. She then goes on to discuss other people’s lies. Because, she is an expert on lies.
He is what she wanted him to know:
1) She certainly was not giggling and smiling when taken into custody. She was somber, calm and resolute, dammit! And Detective Flores is a lying liar who lies!
2) She never stopped at a place called Sinclairs She has never even heard of Sinclairs. It was Starbucks where those trouble making skateboarders messed with her license plate and gave all skateboarders a bad name. Kids like that are the reason why people hate skateboarders.
3) Jodi stresses that these three things are most important for Ryan to know. Three lies Flores told him… First, Flores did not save Ryan’s life by arresting Jodi, Flores will not turn up any other boyfriends who met a bad end, and she is not a serial killer. She is INDIGNANT at the suggestion!
4) The reason her attorneys called him whore for the state was because he gave testimony that made her look bad. Plus “she” has a strong personality and strong opinions. (Not sure if Willmott was her atty at this time or if she is referring to someone else.)
5) She is appreciative he did not use bad words when speaking of her and spoke only of the facts. She relates something that he told her once which essentially is the “God doesn’t give us more than we can handle” cliché.
6) Jodi doesn’t care anymore if Ryan believes her. She says Ryan is a wonderful guy and she is glad she met him.