I received some information today that the filming in Bachelor in Paradise has been halted and the completion of the show is in jeopardy. The Tamara Tattles source on location (I KNOW! It amazes me too!) is trying to get the details of the situation that production is holding VERY close to the vest. As I was awaiting more details, Warner Brothers posted the following statement,“We have become aware of allegations of misconduct on the set of Bachelor in Paradise in Mexico. We have suspended production and we are conducting a thorough investigation of these allegations. Once the investigation is complete, we will take appropriate responsive action.”
This sounds bad. My source says most of the cast has all flown out of Mexico. While they were not told what was going on, they surely have to have heard some rumors if I have. Initial word was that it had something to do with the hotel itself. However, I have plans for the rest of the evening and do not want to wait for my source, who may be in transit any further tonight.
On Twitter Amy Kauffman, a reporter for the LA Times is tweeting the following,
“On the first day of production, Sunday, DeMario and Corinne got extremely drunk, per my source. Corinne came up to DeMario at the bar and kissed him. They proceeded to the pool, where they got naked. From this point forward, things turned into “soft core porn.” They did not have sex. But it was very raunchy.
The following day, Monday, a producer who witnessed this hook-up did not show up to work. According to my source, this producer went on to sue the production for misconduct over what she witnessed between DeMario and Corinne. DeMario and Corinne were both shown footage of their hookup during their interviews in the days following their rendezvous.”
Just a reminder, Corrine was the villainous whore from Nick’s season who claimed she still had a nanny. She also threw herself at Nick including sneaking to his hotel room and pretty much begging him for sex. He sent her home after hometowns, landing her in fourth place.
Demario is the guy who went home recently on Rachel’s season when his girlfriend showed up. Then he came back last week and Rachel read him for filth on national TV calling him a boy.
Reporter Amy Kauffman went on to clarify that the female producer had filed a third-party complaint with production regarding the pool scene between the two notorious villains at the resort.
It sounds to me like the female producer may be new. Because if she filed a third-party complaint, say on behalf of Corrine (I am using this as a HYPOTHETICAL) that she was too drunk to consent, she’s never seen this show. That doesn’t make it right, it is a miracle this show has gone on as long as it has, but that’s just what the show is. It is basically drama with soft core porn we do not actually see.
Whatever happened, it seems clear to me that we will not be getting Bachelor in Paradise this season. At least not in Paradise. For some reason everyone went to Houston. I just don’t see the show filming the season in Houston. So this just sucks.
UPDATED: So far there are things that make things problematic for Warner Bros. If you are a Big Brother fan you know the difference between a fan and a recruit. DeMario was a recruit who was allegedly approached by casting at a Chipotle. So of course he went and ditched his girlfriend to be on Rachel’s season. And of course his comments to Rachel were all an act. He was also one of the four guys to meet Racheal on the After the Final Rose Show. They had plenty of time to check him out before BIP. But did they?
Chris Harrison has given the following statement.
“By now no doubt you have heard that we have suspended production on this season’s Bachelor in Paradise. I can confirm to you that this is sadly the case. Out of respect to all involved, there’s only so much I can and will say at this time. Normally with a situation like this I would not say anything until the incident is fully resolved, but with all the rumors and misinformation being put out there I don’t find that to be possible anymore.
Let me start by saying the safety and care of the cast and crew of our show is of the utmost importance to us. It is with this thought in mind that we made the decision to suspend filming. An investigation into the situation was started immediately.
There are a lot of competing details in the various press accounts of the incident. And there’s a lot of misinformation out there too. We urge everyone to be patient until the investigation is complete. I know in this day and age we want and even expect immediate answers but in this case it’s just not possible,” Harrison’s statement continued. “So again I urge you to please be patient and respect the privacy of the parties involved. I will keep you as informed and up to date as I possibly can. We’re sorry for any inconvenience and disappointment this may have caused the cast, the crew and our loyal fans. It is my sincere hope that we can come to a quick resolution on this and get back to work very soon.”