RHOOC-vicki-gunvalson crying

Sadly, TamaraTattles.com  is the first to investigate the death of Vicki Gunvalson’s children’s half brother Parker Wolfsmith. According to Radar Online,just last month Vicki Gunvalson opened up about her first marriage to Michael Wolfsmith who she married at age 21. Despite a marriage that Vicki has described as abusive, she had her two children with Wolfsmith, Michael Jr. and Briana. Tragically, a son of Wolfsmith’s from a subsequent relationship was killed on May 31.  Parker Wolfsmith died at age 14 after being hit by a train.  Parker was laid to rest in Kane County Illinois on June 6th.

From Vicki’s Bravo Blog:

“Welcome back this week. Sorry I’ve been skipping a few weeks here and there -– life seems to be too busy to sit down and write anything. Unfortunately, we had a death in the family two weeks ago which rocked all of our worlds. Mike and Briana’s 14-year-old half-brother was killed in a terrible accident in southern Illinois, so please keep the family in your thoughts and prayers.

Eerily, according to Radar Online, Vicki opted to give an interview to Star Magazine about her 1983 marriage just two weeks before the inexplicable death of Parker.  Vicki allegedly claimed Wolfsmith was abusive and an alcoholic. ROL also claims that Michael said of his namesake, “He’s a loser. He hasn’t been a part of our lives for years.” However, Tamaratattles.com can find no such story on Star Magazine online. Perhaps it is only in the print version?

The best media report I can find regarding what happened is from The Beacon-News:

A teenager was killed by a passing freight train Saturday night in Maple Park.

Maple Park Police Chief Mike Acosta said 14-year old Parker Wolfsmith of Maple Park was walking near the Liberty Street railroad crossing north of Main Street at about 9:30 p.m. when he was hit by a Union Pacific freight train.

Police officials said the teen was pronounced dead at the scene.

Acosta said first responders arrived on the scene after receiving a 911 call. Parker, 14, attended Kaneland Harter Middle School.

The police chief said the youngster was visiting at the home of a friend who lives near the railroad crossing.

“We are investigating why Parker went from the yard of the friend’s home to the train tracks,” Acosta said.

Acosta on Monday could not as yet verify whether the kids were playing a train game that is trending with youth, where kids try to get as close as they can to a moving train to take a selfie on their smart phones.

“It’s like playing a game of chicken for the kids. They like to feel the power of the train and the wind rushing by,” Acosta said. “We are looking to see if this was a factor in the accident.”

Police have ruled out foul play and suicide as a cause of Parker’s death.

What a sad, sad story. TamaraTattles.com extends deepest sympathies to the Wolfsmith family and Vicki Gunvalson.  Yet ANOTHER reason to hate this whole cell phone addiction.

Filed under Bravo, News, Real Housewives of Orange County, RHOOC, Vicki Gunvalson

60 responses to “Tragedy Strikes Vicki Gunvalson’s Family As Brianna and Michael’s Half-Brother Dies At Age 14

1. BH Wannabe

I read it in the print version of Star.

2. Jacque

I hate to hear of tragic deaths in a family, and even more of a tragic death of a child. My prayers and condolences go out to his family.
    I have to agree about cell phones. I love my phone, but it is not attached to the end of my arm! I know when to turn it off, one of my biggest pet peeves is people driving and using their phones. I have seen people play games and drive, when confronted they claim, ” but I wasn’t talking or texting while driving!”. Are you kidding me! Playing angry birds or some other game while driving is worse than texting and driving! People like to use excuses for their own crappy behavior, then wonder where kids learn it from.
    My other pet peeve is giving children (under the age of 16) cell phones (Save it, I already know I’m going to catch flack for this one 😞)

• ​I have a brother who only calls me while driving. Then he wants to text me a picture of his Christmas tree or Text me a phone number. It drives me insane. Did I mention I have anxiety disorder? There is an especially bad highway between Athens and Atlanta. A week ago when a family emergency had me paralyzed and everyone else driving back and forth, there was a horrific accident and I spent an hour or two making sure it was not him.

I just don’t get how people don’t think this is a bad idea.

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 1:43 AM, Tamara Tattles wrote:

• Jacque

I totally get it Tamara, my brother was killed in a truck/semi accident just last month 😓
        He was driving in his pickup truck north, when a semi driver who was going south, cut across the median and pulled out in front of my brother. He had no time to break and was killed instantly, all because the semi driver admitted he was searching his phone for directions.

• So very sorry for your loss Jaque. I fully expect my brother will die on the phone. However it happens, I’m quite sure it will be phone related. I’ve given up.​

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 2:19 AM, Tamara Tattles wrote:

• captain eel

Texting is an extremely dangerous activity to engage in while at the wheel. My neighbor’s teen age daughter passed due to driving and texting. She was a beautiful girl with a loving family and her future before her. She started kindergarten with my oldest son. My family called her “Candice the cookie eater” because she was known to always have cookies in her lunch along with the usual, but only ate the cookies. Fuck, that was a horrible day when she died. Please don’t text while driving and if you have kids, beg them not to do it. Alive one second, gone the next. And, no text is worth losing a life over. Candice’s parents are in a living hell each and every day. Be careful out there.

• ​I have a friend, in the ATL who is an attorney ( not mine and no one I have ever mentioned here before) who I have BEGGED not to text and drive who think it is not big deal. My brother feels the same way. I know a lot of successful people who view the cell phone was a way to catch up on calls while driving. SMH.

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 3:01 AM, Tamara Tattles wrote:

• Jacque

Thank you, TT , BUT never, ever give up on your brother 😭 Once he is gone, there is no coming back….unless you believe in that of course. I miss my brother, like toothache in my heart that never goes away.
        In case you didn’t figure it out before, that is why I am so adamant about not using a phone while driving….

• gapeach

I know all about the “bad highway” between Atlanta and Athens (I used to live off of Patrick Mill) and I NEVER get on that road EVER. I saw a woman killed at that same intersection and whoever heard of traffic lights on a freeway???!!!!! OMG – Stay off that road, Tamara – go the “old route” – I know you know what I mean.

• thanks. I thought it might just me that was afraid of that road. Patrick mill was where the accident was recently.

• Jrleaguer

@Jacque~ So truly sorry for your loss. May your brother’s memory be a blessing.

This is tragic and I feel so sad for his family. There really are no words, except RIP, and that’s not adequate either.

4. I just can’t imagine the pain of Parker’s parents, devastating.
    I hope they find some peace in to
    time. Sad.
    Some boys are so daring and willful that it’s scary just to let them out of sight.

OMG. I can’t believe that kids are playing a game such as this whether or not that was the cause. This is so very sad. I feel terrible for them.

6. Micheal

Games like this are exposed on the news weekly in Australia. A real issue. I feel for his family.

7. I am so sorry to hear this news. I have to admit my twelve year old has a cell phone. Like mine of course.

She has rules. She is not allowed to have or use it out of our presence. Her father and I mean that. No access to instagram, Twitter, group messaging, or internet search engines or email. A family locator is on it.

So why does she have it. To be like mommy, call and receive calls from our family. She’s a talker and I rather she talked to them.

Prayers for Vicki and her family.

Thanks TT been catching up after a horrid battle with pneumonia. A lesson learned. Never agree to watch a friend’s sick child not knowing the child had bacteria pneumonia. It’s contagious! It pissed me off that she added the weekend of babysitting by way of phone. Of course I was suppose to be on a “stay vacation” that week.

Never again. Love your blogs TT.

8. getreal2014

Very sorry to hear of this loss. Prayers go out to all affected by this tragedy.

9. Bella

Very sorry to hear, RIP young boy and my condolences to the family :(

10. No mention of Brianna or Ryan as 1/2 siblings in the obit. :(

Sorry to hear about the families loss.

How horrible! And so young. My condolences to the families.

13. Jacque

Thank you JrLeaguer for your condolences, I truly appreciate the love and caring from my secret, home away from home….unless I am in my RV, then I can still be with my friends in a secret place while away with my RV….and be away from home….
    sorry, lost in my own head, there for a minute.
    It is wonderful when you let your true family and friends in your life!

14. Jarlath

My partner is constantly checking his Facebook while driving. We get into major fights about it if I am in the car and he’s doing it. But it’s all to no avail.

15. Isn’t Vicki from illinois? Why in the world would she call Kane County ‘southern Illinois’? It’s by Chicago. I doubt she knows much about this incident. She and her children had no relationship with them and apparently doesn’t even know where they live.

• ​So, Trho, let this be a lesson for you not to play cell phone games on a train track. Apparently, it’s all the rage up by you.

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 1:15 PM, Tamara Tattles wrote:

16. Kane County is by me as much as Philadelphia is by you.

Just to be clear, Vicki’s family suffered no tragedy, her kids probably never even met that poor kid. Lord knows they can’t even find him on a map.

• You don’t seem to get how blogs work. My job is to get you here to read the post. Dead kids are tragic.

Actually, I am holding my breath to see if TeeCee earns Internet time in rehab, because you know her comments will be even worse than yours. ​

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 1:41 PM, Tamara Tattles wrote:

17. tobaccorhoda

Oh, TC is way worse than me. Incorrigible, that one.

• LoLo

WOW….I live in Illinois and I remember hearing this about this tragedy on the news. I wondered at the time why someone that young was out that late AND so close to railroad tracks…smh. My condolences to everyone involved…

WHILE a train was heading right at him. That’s kind of hard to miss. It must have been due to that game, unless, even though I know they seem to somehow know for sure (or at least say they do) that it wasn’t suicide, that would be the only other possible explanation I can think of. Orrrrr really really high on some crazy type drug. Don’t get me wrong… I’m not at all trying to say that those two are even on the table for what it was in this case. I’m just saying in general for ANYONE who died in this manner, I can’t think of anything else. Oh, except murder of some sort. I would assume that the engineer must have seen him, no?

• I’ve considered a few snarky thoughts towards Vicky in regards to this. TT is scary and I’m not quick so I’m mum.
      Waiting for Teecee.

18. Angie

I’m from Canada where it is against the law to txt or talk on cell phones; fines in some regions can be up to $5000.
    I recently moved to the U.S. and i have SO much anxiety everytime that I get into a car here. Even if I can manage a “please don’t play with your phone while you are driving with me in the car, it gives me anxiety?” it doesn’t matter because every other idiot in traffic is playing with their phone.

Well it’s definitely illegal in New York. A friend of mine got pulled over for using his phone while I was on the other line. Here, you can still use them on speaker or with a hands free device though. Another friend (my BEST best friend used to text while driving all the time. She even had the nerve to do it while I was in the car, but after me yelling at her enough times that I value my life and don’t feel like dying today, she finally stopped doing it while I am in her car. I would still lecture her on a regular basis about doing it at all, and she now swears to me that she has completely stopped for good. I pray that she is telling me the truth. Her dying or being crippled would be more devastating to me than if it were my own sister, we are that close. I would be absolutely lost without her. Now if I can just get her to quit smoking. :)

• I went to Vegas with some Internet friends once (well more than once) and one chick came in from LA and was doing the driving. SHE WAS TEXTING THE WHOLE TIME and I was terrified and made a huge deal out of it and asked to be let off at the next light. She finally stopped but, things for frosty until the next yard of beer, or shot or whatever we were drinking. lol. ​

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 11:53 PM, Tamara Tattles wrote:

Good for you! I get absolutely frenzied when that shit is going on. It’s an awful feeling.

19. Amy Opfer

I am the mother of Parker Wolfsmith and cant believe I have come across this. Vicki nor the half bother/sister have anything to do with Parkers upbringing as to his biological father? The same. It had nothing to do with a cell phone or a dare as rumors will flourish. Breezing is a trend that has taken over the youth of today’s teens and hopefully this horrifying incident will awaken these adventurous kids who can take it one step to far/close to and put it to an end. Go back to kicking a can, skipping rocks, ding ding ditching or so called t.p-ing houses…much less for dangerous endeavors.

• Well, “Amy” you seem to have sprung right back from the death of a child. I can’t believe you came across this either. I doubt you are the mother of ANYONE but rather someone who is seriously mentally ill and needs to seek some help.

• Amy Opfer

Sprung back?….every child I come across that resembles my son bring me right back to the day I got the phone call. As to the call I got today from chief of police in Maple Park regarding the video of the incident. …you have some balls.

• ​Did you know that as the administrator of this board, I can identify where you are posting from?

Did you also know that impersonating someone else on the Internet is illegal?

Do you really think that any court of law anywhere would think it was okay for anyone to be pretending to be a grieving mother who has nothing more on her mind than to post on blogs about her dead son?

You are portraying the mother of a dead son who, unless she is a sociopath of some sort, would not be seeking out random blogs to discuss whether or not cell phones played a part in her son’s death. It’s so vile and disrespectful that I will be turning your IP over to authorities in the morning.

I hope you get a lot of time. You must be really fucked up to need this sort of attention.

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 1:56 AM, Tamara Tattles wrote:

• Amy Opfer

Ill welcome a conversation with authorities.

• perfect. ​

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 2:53 AM, Tamara Tattles wrote:

• Amy Opfer

It sickens me to see that Vicki or her children weep over my son who cant even get his age right. And that media cant even get the story accurate. He was raised in McHenry, IL and was brought back here to rest.

20. fuec

Takes a real paranoid delusional bitch to attack a mother who just lost her son. I see Parkers death hasn’t affected you any, its business as usual with the Vicki hate campaign. Don’t think for a second your relationships strong enough to withstand the loss of a child, its not. That’s ok, the first 1 will take your nasty azz back. Loser

• The first thing I would do, if my kid died in a strange way, would not be to go to tiny little websites that reported on it and attack the blogger who posted a news report. And no, Parker’s death has not effected me any. People die that I do know every day. It really doesn’t bother me one way or another. But when my family members die, I don’t start googling to see what is being said about them. Apparently, you do. With your “funtime” email addy. That’s perverse.

Amy and Fuec ain’t normal. I think the two of them are the creepiest people that I have ever had the displeasure of reading. Gross, the both of them.

• fuec

Don’t need to use google dearie, tells me EVERYTHING! Fyi, the phrase “like the son I never had” sickens him and earns ya the name fat c*nt again. Congrats, keep confiding idiot!

• Amy Opfer

If your not effected by my sons death and the horrifying way it took place than skip the fuck over how it effected Vicki and move the fuck on you pyscho bitch

• ​Um, this is my site, where I live and write about what I want to write about. You are the one that needs to move the fuck on. No one but you has been posting in this comments section because the entire post held our interest for about five minutes and we moved on. You however come here fifty times a day, which helps me pay my bills so I don’t care if you move on or not. I do not see the pay off for you coming here unless you just like looking like a drunk fool.

On Sat, Jul 5, 2014 at 12:39 AM, Tamara Tattles wrote: