James Radford Jr. Releases Motion for Summary Judgment

Phaedra whore housewife.As I previously referenced here and here  James Radford Jr. has filed a Motion for Summary Judgment in the case of Phaedra Parks v Angela Stanton.  Radford has published the motion in its entirety on his website.  In addition to asking for a judgment in favor of Stanton, Stanton is also requesting legal fees due to the frivolous legal action.

Stanton provides numerous examples of evidence of the close bond between the plaintiff and defendant. Both women it seems have introduced the other to their families and have socialized with each other’s families on numerous occasions.  It seems that Phaedra had been a many of Angela’s family gatherings and attended Angela’s mother’s funeral even though Angela herself was incarcerated at the time of her mother’s death. To be fair, Phaedra does love her a good funeral… what? She does!

RHOAPhaedraOhLordThe motion claims that Phaedra and Stanton committed check fraud schemes together somewhere between  30 and 50 times in multiple states. Later, according to the motion, Phaedra was the instigator, and mastermind of the car theft scheme that led to the arrest of Stanton and her co-conspirator, Everett Tripodis.

According to this motion, Phaedra and Angela spoke almost daily while she was in prison through an intermediary, Regina Matthews.  Angela would call Matthews who would put her on a three way conversation with Phaedra.  Also, it looks like Phaedra has been ducking sitting for a deposition since last November. Granted, things started falling apart for Phaedra last November. But still, It’s HER CASE! I looks like she started to realize she needed to drop the case then, but never did. It was also pointed out in the motion that her refusal to depose is particularly egregious given she is an officer of the court.

Holy Crap. Bloggers are coming up in Angela’s deposition. Apparently, LynnNChicago was threatened by  Phaedra’s attorneys before she died.  Also Straight from the A is mentioned as well. I am going to have to get a full-sized copy of the deposition of Angela.

It looks like Angela sold 27 copies of her book for which she was never paid for the Vibe gig before Phaedra shut that down. Since then, at the time of the deposition on February 4th, she had sold 441 copies most of those sales occurred following Apollo’s arrest. Oh Phaedra, shouldn’t you have just left this woman the fuck alone?

Holy CRAP! Angela talked about me in the deposition!  Parks team points out that both SFTA and Tamaratattles.com had said that we felt the book was not legit. (I didn’t) Then she shuts the attorney down saying, that since this has all come out I have changed my opinion. Angela is says she would prefer to stick to the facts of the case but that I had posted several times that I now feel that Angela was probably telling the truth after all!  I am still sort of freaking out that I am part of her deposition!

I am going blind from reading legal docs all day. I may  even postpone my RHOBH recap tonight. But I will do a recap of the  Angela Stanton depo ASAP, most likely tomorrow.

What a crazy day!

Filed under Apollo Nida, lawsuit, News, Phaedra Parks, Real Housewives of Atlanta, RHOA

53 responses to “James Radford Jr. Releases Motion for Summary Judgment

1. Ellis Scarlett

I am not surprised. You have credibility now, despite your efforts to disavow “serious reporting”. This was a big scoop. Expect a frivolous lawsuit any day from Housewife #2!

2. papa smurf

From 27 copies to 441 copies, since Apollo’s arrest…Ms Parks should have left well enough alone. Her ego is going to be her destruction. Unfortunately, she has to young kids that are going to be victims of the fallout. Ms Stanton is far from having clean hands, but it’s becoming clear who the ringleader is. I was watching an interview with Ms Stanton, and she had mentioned that Apollo’s brother went to prison as well. After he was released he was working in Phaedra’s office. Does anyone know if he was brought up in these new charges?

• Red hot mama

The book on amazon is 9.99. Even if she got every penny of that money that is only a few thousand dollars. This lawsuit has to be costing her way more than that, no to mention the all her business is coming out in the depositions. (Side note; I googled Apollo’s brother’s mug shot out of pure nosiness several weeks ago, and he has a similar appearance to Kenya’s friend Brandon. Flashback to childhood? Coincidence? Either way my hubby and I got a chuckle out of it.)

• “This lawsuit has to be costing her way more than that, …” Hopefully this lawsuit only costs Phaedra. It’d be interesting to know what her book sales are after this is all said and done. Hopefully the publicity drives the book buying through the roof.

The case with Vibe was settled right? So I wonder if Angela can claim loss of income and sue Phaedra in civil court for that aspect. That’s not included in this case? Or is it?

• That was Everett. He is a “street brotha” not a biological brother. Phaedra according to the depos tried to use that as a way to discredit the entire story and send cease and desist orders to the bloggers. At the time, I was Team Phaedra with regard to Angela and could not conceive that Phaedra’s stupidity was so vast and deep. I did not receive any threatening letters that LynnNChicago, Hip Hop Daily and others did.

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 8:30 PM, Tamara Tattles wrote:

3. JoJo

TT in the Courthouse! Of all the blogs that are out there, just being singled out has to put your credibility way up the rankings.
    This motion will force Phaedra’s hand – she’ll absolutely have to submit to a depo or the motion will be granted. The only basis for summary judgment is that there are no issues of material FACTS and the moving party is entitled to judgment as a matter of law.
    Since there are a shitload of facts that are in dispute, but Phaedra failed to dispute them, she’s now between a rock and hard place. Let the motion be granted and stay silent or be deposed and risk Radford tearing her apart. If the motion is granted, there’s a public court record that Phaedra is a lying, thieving criminal ‘mastermind’ that will forever taint her. Not good.

• NAA

If she has a brain she’ll save herself the scathing judgment and withdraw her complaint.

Does Georgia have anti-SLAPP laws. Mister Radford needs to get paid.

• NAA

Not a lawyer, but…

“If you prevail on a motion to dismiss under Georgia’s anti-SLAPP law, the court will dismiss the lawsuit against you, and you can ask the court to impose sanctions on the other side. These sanctions may include your expenses in defending against the suit, including reasonable attorneys’ fees.

In addition, if you succeed in fending off a SLAPP in Georgia, you may be able to bring a claim for malicious prosecution or abuse of process against the SLAPP filer. While Georgia does not explicitly recognize a “SLAPPback” claim, the elements of these claims are similar. You should consult an attorney to see whether such a claim may be viable in your case.”

• yes SLAPP applies as it did with Sheree’s cases against all of us. But he is not citing SLAPP exactly, though he does cite her status as a public figure based on her own words in the initial claim, he is asking for atty fees etc because she violated pre trial hearing disclosure laws by evading deposition AS AN OFFICER OF THE COURT. That could have ramifications for her law liscense. Maybe. I dunno. Not a lawyer. I just play one on the Internet.

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 8:56 PM, Tamara Tattles wrote:

• NAA

Interesting. I guess I will wait for your recap tomorrow. I just skimmed the motion. :)

• JoJo

I’m thinking (& it hurts). Trying to figure out the strategy of filing a MSJ as opposed to a Motion to Dismiss. There’s a reason and I can’t remember why now :)

• puravidacostarica2

And I love the “and it hurts” aside. Witty, funny and fab!

• On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 10:45 PM, Tamara Tattles wrote:

• DID I MENTION PHAEDRA’S ATTY BROUGHT ME UP IN THE DEPO? And Angela was all like… um CAN WE STICK TO THE FACTS OF THE CASE AND NOT SOME BLOGGERS OPINION, BUT IF YOU REALLY FEEL THE NEED TO GO THERE SHE IS ON MY SIDE NOW? Bloop! PLONK! NOW WHAT?

I’m so proud, LOL.

• puravidacostarica2

Sorry girl. I am so proud of you and your blog even WITHOUT reading the depo transcript! Guess I violated a rule. :-(. Fabul

• puravidacostarica2

Sorry girl. I am so proud of you and your blog even WITHOUT reading the depo transcript! Guess I violated a rule. :-(. FABULOSO!

• JoJo

You’re a sly gangsta’ court celebrity blogger :)

• ArrBee

MSJ is what you file in civil court. MTD is criminal court.

• JoJo

Um no. A Motion to Dismiss is a civil remedy also. The basis is the moving party wants the complaint dismissed because there are no claims made in it upon which relief may be granted. However, they’re likely to be denied and give the other party the opportunity to amend the complaint and state it better. In this case MSJ is the better way to go since discovery took place and Defendant participated, but Phaedra’s attorney didn’t comply. It was her burden to prove defamation and she didn’t dispute any of Stanton’s claim in discovery.

4. jellybelly

Wow! Talk about throwing your life away for money! What the hell do people get out of having more than others? I will never understand! I actually think its great that Phaedra is going down (I hope) because she wanted celebrity status! I see a lot of people feeling sorry for Phaedra’s kids, how about Angela’s?? They both broke the law but only Angela served time, Its time to reap what you sew Phaedra! Thanks for all your hard work TT!

• Bravogirl24/7

Exactly……by Angela taking the fall for Phaedra, she lost everything, the custody of her children and her youngest child was born while she was incarcerated. Phaedra lost nothing, she went on perpetrating a fraud of a life.

• Fahlina_G

I’m right there with you Jelly! Why someone would want to be famous eludes me. Any and all personal privacy is GONE, just like that! Nor do I understand people’s “needs” to have more and more and….It just never ends with the greed. Well until you’re indicted, that is. Sometimes “enough” is just fine.

• For the record, the depos were provided as a courtesy. Just as I hate the typo Nazi’s coming after me, I will not tolerate it for my local attorneys. Seriously, way to miss the fucking point.

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 8:13 PM, Tamara Tattles wrote:

• JoJo

TT, got too enthusiastic about the incredible info you received & got tunnel vision in the excitement of the moment instead of thinking about the bigger picture. I know better now. Please remove the error from my douche chart if you have one :)

5. Kat

WOW….just WOW!!

6. Beth

Proverbs 16:18
    “Pride goes before destruction,
    And a haughty spirit before a fall.”
    This seems appropriate!!!

7. Damnnnnnn, I just read the motion, (I really need to get a life) and Phaedra is fucked.

8. I am sensing another new career for Phae Phae like mopping floors in a really big cafeteria.

9. Towanda Brown

WOW! Guess it was true when the old folks used to say that the internet would get people in trouble. Phaedra couldn’t shut it all down huh? I
    guess chasing that mightY DOLLAR has finally caught up woth her. She must have treated Stanton wrong for her to tattle 20 years worth of tea.

• love2hatebravo

Hell hath no fury…All she would have had to do was throw Angela a bone…play nice…Phaedra is a stunningly incompetent criminal.

10. Tamar voice

Weird…on page 23 of the Motion, the attorney lists himself as “Counsel for the Plaintiff”. The plaintiff in this case is Phony Phaedra. Maybe it’s a simple mistake. These attorneys appear young, which isn’t a bad thing; but I just wonder if posting this kind of information to his own website works in his favor. One of the great things about the legal system, in my personal beliief is the concept of confidtienalility. Silence has always been a great legal tool, and these guys appear to to provide too much information.

• Naa

I’ve read a lot of legal briefs over the years. It always surprises me how many typos and mistakes (like the one you site) that lawyers make.

I think in this case he spent the last couple of pages basically acting as “counter-claim plaintiff” without ever having ever filed counter claims. D’oh.

• thedisher

The summary judgment is a public document because it is filed with the Court. Anyone can get a copy. He’s just made it more accessible by posting it. I agree that the para. 23 was a particularly confusing typo. I thought para. 83 was interesting where he cites to the fact that Phaedra’s lawyer says she’s not interesting in pursuing her claim, if Stanton will drop her counterclaim.

11. Mari Anne Souza

Re: Phaedra’s attorney’s wanting to request a ‘stay of discovery’ – does that mean simply putting a hold on setting a date for Phaedra’s deposition?

• He tried to get more and more time to depose Phaedra. Why are the defense witnesses willing to depose but the person claiming defamation doesn’t want to defend her character in the case she is bringing? IDGI

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 1:32 PM, Tamara Tattles wrote:

• Mari Anne Souza

Thanks, T!

• Fahlina_G

I am definitely no legal expert. I like to keep my courtroom knowledge strictly to Law and Order reruns, but it reads like Phaedra gambled on either shutting Angela up, or hoping she would run out of money for a counter claim and defense. Either way, she lost HUGE! I don’t think she ever planned on this going so far, getting so well known, and Apollo getting bagged. Indeed, as Beth said above, pride DOES goeth before the fall! Watch your head on the way down Ms. Parks.

12. TheANDROgynous

I read most of the motion very interesting details and interviews.. oh Phaedra should’ve just left this poor child alone.. Angeles can’t wait for u to recap it motion..

13. Kat

Here’s my theory: I mean opinion: When Phaedra sued Vibe and they reached a settlement, I think she got them to stop promoting the book. By succeeding (I assume) in that suit she probably thought it would be an open and shut case to stop Angela. She probably had a good chance since Angela first atty dropped her but the she got a new atty, phaedra first attorney dropped her and then Apollo got arrested….the bricks just came tumbling down. Now she can’t possibly do a deposition that would put her in a position of lying. She will have to answer questions about everything angela and her witnesses said. Even the smallest piece of evidence conflicting with her answers could lead to disbarment. I think she’s better off refusing deposition at this point.

• My sources say that Phaedra settled with Vibe for VERY VERY low four figures. Like here is a couple thousand dollars to go the fuck way. Her high powered attys jumped ship on her after that. There was no money to be made. If you can buy someone off for a thousand dollars or two? Her big name attys knew she had no lawsuit. Then Apollo got arrested FOR THE SAME EXACT THING and they bailed. Now she is flailing.

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 8:49 PM, Tamara Tattles wrote:

• JoJo

Do you have a guess as to why in the hell she didn’t dismiss the suit herself after the shit hit the fan knowing she was going to avoid deposition and going on record?

• "New kenya fan" to "The Jam"

I was working with vibe when she sued them. The guys tht owed the mag at the time had NO MONEY. they had personal money, but there was no money in the biz, I’m guessing this why they finally sold it.

14. thedisher

When someone countersues you, you can’t just dismiss the suit and have it go away because the counterclaims will still move forward. So, what usually happens is the attorneys will try to do a “mutual walkaway.” If you drop your case, then I’ll drop mine. The mtn for summary judgment seems to indicate that Phaedra’s atty tried that approach, but Stanton’s atty won’t drop her counterclaim.

• JoJo

Ah ha. So she got herself in something she can’t get out of. Stanton’s attorney is obviously very confident in her inability to prosecute or defend the cases. She should have practiced real law more :)

15. Mari Anne Souza

Sober Kim, is a mean Kim. I liked her better when she couldn’t think/talk straight. The whole think situation is just so contrived. Who the hell would air their grievances on a supposed-to-be-fun trip. I’d either not go, or I’d save it until I got home. I also wouldn’t have gone to dinner with all these knuckleheads, after that beach brouhaha. But, that’s ‘reality’ TV.

16. Now that I have read all of Angela Statons deposition I have come to the conclusion that Ms. Parks is not shot in the ass full of brains.

17. chicagocollen

Tamara, you are fucking amazing! Radar Online can suck it for stealing your work. Wish something could be done to those SOBs

18. Kitty Mamma

Has anyone actually read Angela’s book? I’ve never read an e-book before.