Joyce Giraud de Ohoven on Wendy Williams

real-housewives-beverly-hills-joyce-husband (2)

Last night on twitter, I came across a tweet from Joyce to her husband.  Since I was high on sizzurp for the Mongolian Lung Flu, I perhaps in retrospect went a little overboard with the fangirling out. But y’all know I love me some Michael Ohoven.  Anyway, Joyce was headed to Wendy Williams to film today’s show. And sure enough she is listed as being on. But it is starting to look like they didn’t film. Wendy is talking about it being two weeks until the premiere of RHOA.

Yep, for some reason, Wendy did not go live today. Maybe Joyce dashed home to protect her man from the crazy fangirl blogger?  I might have ruined Wendy Williams. /sadface

UPDATE! Joyce says Wendy is snowed in somewhere and could not get to the studio.  See? TOTALLY NOT MY FAULT!

Filed under Joyce Giraud, Joyce Giraud de Ohoven, Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, RHOBH, Wendy Williams

51 responses to “Joyce Giraud de Ohoven on Wendy Williams

1. You can take the girl out of NY

Whyyyyyyy do you love Joyce’s husband? Other than his money, I see nuthin’. Not even his mullet. Do share!

• I have no desire to convince YOU to find him attractive. You are free to like a more effeminate male it that is your preference.

• Shellbelle

The big dick comment got you wondering?! He’s not at the top of my list but Joyce has me thinkin’….

• Linda

I cannot find the German accent sexy ever since the holocaust. Kind of ruined it for me. And the fact every German I have ever met pretty much demonstrates to me how that stuff happened. You like whips and shiny boots too?

• Rosie

Agree, not attractive to me, at all. Something about him is just off, need to see more of him to form a genuine opinion though. As for Wendy, she is stuck on a tropical island unable to return to the East coast due to the freezing weather, LUCKY GIRL!!

2. Isabella J.

I love Joyce! Actually her husband is on my IWNFH list. Odd.

3. AmberKnows

Thanks TT. I was confused as phuck when I tuned in to see Joyce and Wendy’s talking about very ‘old’ stuff. Wendy lives in New Jersey and they (Jersey) ALWAYS get more snow than NYC. Maybe she’ll make it out by tomorrow if the weather and the roads are cleared. Am now following you on twitter. Keep on fangirling for all of us.

4. eastjames

I’ve got to get back to watching BH so I can check this Joyce character out. I watched one of the episodes in the beginning that was heavy on the Carlton and I’m not crazy about her. Joyce’s husband does look hunky in the pic though!

5. French

I totally understand your attraction to him! Plus the accent just adds to his rugged looks!!

6. soccermop59

I’m a huge Joyce fan and I hope she puts all the ladies to shame this season by exposing their hypocrisy and defending of Brandi the lush’s behavior. A true breath of fresh air. One would think Kyle had enough balls to do it, but she’s too far gone to battle anyone anymore since the hubby gate thang.

• If Kyle did it everyone would scream their heads off. We already saw the Kyle/Brandi battle in Brandi’s first season. Good to bring in new blood to do it. Fresher that way.

7. I see and appreciate the attractiveness factor. I also see the receding hairline, mullet and a few little things that in 10 years will…lets just say he has time to earn millions more so that he stays attractive at some level.

8. Iwannano

DE Ohoven??? Is that a joke? Seems a bit phoney to me. Almost like she’s trying to make a title out of it.

• Wow. You are stupid.

On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 4:35 PM, Tamara Tattles

• Iwannano

Having a particularly bad day, Tamara? As a Puerto Rican New Yorker who has many relatives still in Puerto Rico I am entitled to my opinion without being called stupid. You are rude. The custom is either to take your husbands’s name, or to use your maiden name with his. Of course, few do use “de” or more commonly “del”. It sounds POMPOUS. His mother’s name is Ohoven. And by the way he is 5’9″— certainly not a manly man. He’s pudgy too and has a snarly face.

• I don’t believe for a minute you are Puerto Rican, or you would have known how those Puerto Ricans who choose to take on their husbands name do so.

How is any of that “Pompous” She did not choose any of her names. For you to hold “an opinion” that the way PR woman choose to add their husbands name is “pompous” is “stupid.” It’s just a fact. #sorrynotsorry

On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 5:23 PM, Tamara Tattles

• jarlath

I’m sorry but I agree with Iwannano that the “de” is pretentious. Moreover, is Joyce wanted to be authentic in her nomenclature, her husband’s surname would come before her surname. So it would be Joyce Ohoven Giraud. Having grown up poor, it makes sense that Joyce would want to give her self a sense of nobility.

I guess Joyce could have been even more pretentious and gone with Joyce de Ohoven y Giraud LOL!

I’m not sure exactly what in response makes Tamara think you are stupid. Strange.

• The same thing that makes you stupid. She followed the traditional method of adding a married name In Puerto Rico. Your lack of knowledge of the proper way to take a married name in Puerto Rico doesn’t make her pretentious, it just makes you judgemental about a culture you do not seem to know much about.

On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 7:01 PM, Tamara Tattles

• jarlath

Of the Puerto Ricans that I know, they all follow the standard Spanish naming convention.

• Linda

Wow. And you are rude. Nothing like insulting your followers, the reason you have this so called gig to begin with.

• Isabella J.

Flussig du hundin. Du Arschfotze, Blude Fotze, Dein Hund soll deine Mutter ficken…..Google that shit and then say it in a German accent.

• JoJo

Awhile ago when still working, we were bored and my co-worker tried to explain Spanish naming traditions, which as a Puerto Rican she said was common
      I was told in most situations, the practice is to use one given name and the first surname only, which is the dad’s. Joyce apparently dropped her second surname “Mojico” and goes by her father’s surname “Giraud.” That’s traditional. If she chooses to follow the tradition, it would make the difference in how her children are named: Ohoven would be the first surname, followed by Giraud, as in Valentino Ohoven Giraud. But, as far as her and her husband’s name, it’s not incorrect, though not real common today, to add ‘de’ before your husband’s last name. She said it is done and considered a high society attribution, and usually used after both the woman’s surnames.
      Of any issues I have with Joyce or her baby, how she chooses to identify herself has never crossed my mind.

• of all things to give a fuck about, picking at her name comes across as extremely petty, like u r just looking for something to complain about. ridiculous.

9. Iwannano

Here’s my last attempt to enlighten you. I don’t give a flyin f if you don’t believe what my heritage is, but as a Latin American woman working and living in NYC, I am an American first. I don’t speak Spanish in small groups with other Latinas; that can alienate others. I don’t have ” de” separating my maiden name from my husband’s. To me, Joyce is presenting herself as some sort of aristocrat. That’s my last word on the subject.

• Thank god. Because your words are not getting any more educated. If you were actually Puerto Rican your clear hatred of one of Puerto Rico’s most popular celebrities would make you self-loathing.

On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 7:03 PM, Tamara Tattles

• Isabella J.

That’s the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Please. I have 6 last names, am I super pretentious then??? Ridiculous. I smell jealousy.

• Rosie

Following this back and forth between the two of you is beyond stupid. No need to call anyone stupid. GROW THE F UP, find something worthwhile to focus on.

• I know you are not talking to me. Are you talking to me? See you next TUESDAY, Bitch. This is my house, and if you don’t like it you can get the fuck out. You really don’t want to come for me here. You have no standing.

On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 9:48 PM, Tamara Tattles

• jarlath

@ Isabella J

The issue is not with the number of surnames but the “de.” Tamara insists all Puerto Rican women use that naming convention.

• Isabella J.

Not educated on the subject enough to comment about that part but is it a big deal for real? In Scandinavia, we take our mothers last name if we are a girl and the fathers if male and always add a “son” for the male surname. Now not everyone does this but most people do. I would never judge someone on the name or lack of they chose to use. She’s a beautiful lady and I think a lot of the negative comments of her are due to insecurity or jealousy. Just my opinion~ I would love to go to Puerto Rica one day and if I do I promise to get to the bottom of this! I mainly like her because she has stood up to Brenda’s bullshit!

• PREACH! SISTA FRIEND.

On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 9:58 PM, Tamara Tattles

• I don’t insist all Puerto Ricans do anything. Most do not take their husbands name at all. Those that do use this naming convention. It is best to educate yourself before choosing a battle you know nothing about. Because, that makes you look stupid.

On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 9:49 PM, Tamara Tattles

• Jarlath

Again, I know plenty of Puerto Rican women who are married and have taken their husband’s surnames without a ‘de’. You have not proven that it is pretentious. And since you seem to be familiar with popular celebrities in Puerto Arica, can you provide names of other women with a ‘de’ in their names.

Nota bene: just because you accuse someone of being stupid doesn’t mean anything.

• Why do you need other PR celebs to have used the traditional PR naming system when someone here who actually IS PR and not just playing one on the Internet, gave you numerous examples of her experiences in PR?

Why is it so important to YOU to “prove” that Joyce’s name is pretentious just because it is lovely?

On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 9:15 AM, Tamara Tattles

• Thank god that stupid fake pr shut up.

• Jarlath

@Rosie

Tamara is the one to use that word

10. myinfo

I think Jocye’s husband is unattractive and I hate to hear him speak. He gives off a creepy vibe. What is with his hairdo?

11. I’m not educated in Puerto Rico names other than I know both last names are often used. As to adding the “de” and If, only IF it adds to the stature of the person then great.
    Joyce is Puerto Rico’s top source of National pride now. She is their top celebrity. She is someone important to that country.
    To say Joyce is being pretentious in how she named her narried self citing her family roots as poor comes across as judgemental and belittling.
    Just my humble opinion.

12. babs

As an avid reader of this blog (started reading for research for a project I was working on), I am a little perplexed on the criticism directed towards Michael Ohoven. Regardless on how Bravo has tried to exploit this guy, he still remains quite the gentleman. In addition, he is an advocate for indie films regardless of genre, backing indie favorites such as Capote, Saved!, and Rob Zombies’ Devil’ Reject, which makes him a saint in my business. I also know a few people that have worked for him and they say he’s a cool dude. As a member of the Austin film community, the capitol of laid-back, this has got to be a real cool dude!

13. AmberKnows

Full PuertoRican here. Though born in Ponce and raised out in Bed-Stuy Brooklyn! yea.. eee. yea eee. When I married I just hyphenated my husband’s name although his actually was Del Valle.

As a kid when visiting Puerto Rico I went into culture shock seeing the many names my family and their neighbors had. Going through even the most humble neighborhoods they would have plaques hanging from decorative iron with a multitude of names for the house and “De” and” Del” were often used, but never a hyphen in sight. So the pretentious because she’s rich now is debunked by the poor who use it as well.

14. It’s all a ruse. You totes were the reason she didn’t film. I saw your tweets, and you were hilarious. Michael is great though.

15. Dude produced “Capote,” which I loved and greatly appreciated. I’m looking forward to more of his quality films.

16. Was Wendy Williams live today or old?

17. loriflack

Remember Slade’s old girlfriend, Jo de la Rosa ~

18. michelle

Ok as a real PR woman(100%), I will give you my opinion. Who gives a “eff”! call yourself whatever you like! My Grandmother did the whole multiple last names thing but my mother took my fathers last name. I use both my ex husbands and current husbands last names so I match the children from both marriages. Do whatever you like! this is stupid petty bs!