|Photo Credit: Hot 107.9|
So on tonight’s bonus episode of RHOA we finally see Phaedra in court with Sheree and Bob Whitfield. I blogged previously that the judge you will see in the scene is not the judge that is handling the divorce but likely Judge Downs. It will be interesting to see if any explanation is giving regarding this particular casting choice. Also, if you haven’t read the comments in that post, you really should.
So we will see a nice empty courtroom in Atlanta with no spectators other than Sheree’s mother, who appears to be sitting on Butt Head Bob’s side and some weird dude on the back row. I’ve actually attended several divorce proceedings in the last year as moral support to one of the parties involved and let me tell you, each time the house has been packed with uncomfortable couples trying to avoid each other in the crowd. Never once has the courtroom been empty nor has a bailiff come out to a waiting area call in a defendant. I will try to explain what I think is going to happen on the other side of the jump.
|Sheree eating her cake and trying to have it too.|
So anyway, let’s just suspend disbelief once again and pretend that the judge is the real judge and that Phaedra really did represent Sheree and that it was the only divorce hearing on the docket that day and not some bizarro world Bravo DRAMATIC REENACTMENT. According the the preview, Butt Head Bob begins the trial by presenting a petition for contempt to the judge. Now I’m not a lawyer but I play one on the Internet and I believe that a contempt charge occurs when someone, in this instance Sheree, violates a judges order. So let’s take a look at the REAL judge’s divorce decree.
According to the decree this was the order of the court.
- A lump sum of $775,000 (this appears to be Bob buying out Sheree’s interest in the property)
- A yearly amount of $113,422 from the retirement funds of Bob (that is quite a purse fund)
- A monthly child support of $2,142.87 (This is the part Sheree claims Bob is not paying)
- No spousal support
- The court asked Sheree to vacate the residence on Long Island Drive (Which she did not do, so Butt Head Bob eventually stopped making the payments and allowed the home to go into foreclosure so the bank would evict her)
- Sheree was awarded primary custody of the 2 children who were aged 8 and 11 at the time of the divorce (However, the kids spend a good deal of time with Butt Head Bob)
- $250,000 of the 401(k) plan of Bob
- 2006 Range Rover Sport
- The court awarded Bob almost all four residential properties his recording studio “Patchwerks”.
So from my perspective, and I could be wrong, it looks like the only thing in the original order that was not followed by Sheree was the vacation of the Long Island Drive house. It seems reasonable that the contempt charge must stem from Sheree’s refusal to vacate the property after the divorce was final. Further, Butt Head Bob will ask for a modification in the amount of child support claiming that his income is currently substantially less than it was at the time of divorce and probably less than Sheree makes with her Bravo income. He may also ask for joint custody of the kids.
As of this writing, the modification hearings continue to be ongoing with the next hearing to occur early in January. Don’t expect to see any resolution to the child support issue on this episode. Or maybe you will. This is after all, only a DRAMATIC REENACTMENT on an unscripted scripted reality show. It could all end with Sheree being crowned mother of the year.
Leave me some comments about what you think will be seen on tonight’s show. I’ll come back after watching and chat with you about it.